What Not To Say To Someone With Cystic Fibrosis

"But you don't look sick!"

                    Thanks for the compliment?

"Maybe you did something that triggered the illness."

                    Sure. Thanks. I feel great now.

"I know exactly how you feel."

                    I'm pretty sure you don't since you don't have a chronic illness.

"My friends, mothers, cousins, daughter died of CF."

                    Wow. Thanks for telling me. I really appreciate that.

"It could be worse! You could have cancer!"

                    Listen, all illnesses are bad, it's not a competition so PLEASE don't say things like this!

"Just think happy thoughts!"

                    Oh, thanks. I'll definitely try that. I'm sure it'll get rid of my incurable disease.

"You're so brave. I could never do it!"

                    I kinda have to otherwise I'd probably die.

"Try this obscure 'cure' I found, it cured my brothers, friends, uncle!"

                    I'm good, thanks/

"Everything happens for a reason."

                    Oh please shut up.

Shannon x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: Last Call + Q&A 2023

What it's Like Being a Friend to Someone with CF (GP)